Mobile storage boxes provide a great solution for personal items
Research by the Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering at the University of Stuttgart has found that only 39% of today’s office workers have a dedicated workstation. For many of the other 61%, the key question is: where do I put my stuff?!
The answer used to be the pedestal drawer unit under their desk, and pedestals are usually still on the shopping list for most firms relocating or refurbishing their office. But for hot-deskers, they seldom represent a sound investment. They usually cost a similar amount to the desk itself yet – without dedicated staff sitting at each workstation – they end up being used for little more than storing the sandwiches until lunchtime. Pedestals still have a role for staff who do have their own workstation. But for the majority, lockers represent a far more cost-effective solution.
While staff may be willing to accept lockers for items they access occasionally or – in the case of their lunch – once a day, there can still be resistance from workers who like to have specific items with them as they work, such as a calculator or key stationery items. You could have communal supplies dotted about your workspace, but we all know these tend to disappear.
The answer is a mobile storage box: a small container to store personal items which can be stashed in the individual’s locker and carried to different workstations as needed.
Mobile storage boxes: a simple, cost-effective solution for those who like to create personal space in an open-plan office.
To discuss how Collaborate can help improve your workspace, or if you are planning an office relocation contact us either by email email@example.com or by phone on 020 7850 3950.
February 27, 2018
inRelocation & Move Management
Relocation & Move Management